Oliver is the fourth generation of his family in the motor trade in the West Wilts area.
His father, Don was a partner in Keates Garages Ltd in Bradford on Avon. His grandfather, another Donald, and great-grandfather, Reginald were also proprietors of the business in partnership with other members of their family, Ron, Basil and Steven.
The original garage was established in 1910 by D R Keates and known by that name for many years. It was in St Margaret’s Street in Bradford on Avon. The picture is from the 1930s and shows the original garage.
In the 1960s the garage moved to Frome Road, on to land bought by the family from the railway. The picture shows Oliver’s great-grandfather, Reg on the forecourt of the new garage.
The garage remained there until 2006.